Right to cancel
For customers that purchase without any face to face contact e.g. over the internet or telephone, you have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the "cooling off period" of fourteen working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
- In accordance with The Consumer Rights Act 2015, for customers that purchase when visiting us in-store, you are entitled to a refund on goods purchased under the following circumstances:
- If the customer was induced into buying the goods by misrepresentation;
- If the goods have a fault about which they could not have known at the time of purchase. (Customers can't complain about defects that were indicated at the time of purchase.)
- If the goods are not of merchantable quality - a basic level and quality and performance that would be reasonable to expect - bearing in mind the price and the way the goods were described.
- If the goods don't do the job the customer was led to believe they would do.
- If the goods don't match the description given when ordered.
- If the goods don't match a sample shown when ordering.
- A customer may be offered a repair, an exchange or a credit note rather than a refund but it is the customer's choice.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them.
You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- for the supply of goods of a personal hygiene nature such as commodes, toilet seats, incontinence products, stockings, lights and similar items.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you have changed your mind, we reserve the right to make a charge of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense. Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
If the goods are faulty, there will be no charge to the customer for returning any goods which are faulty upon arrival.
After 14 days, any faults will be treated as warranty issues. Unless otherwise stated all used scooters and powerchairs come with a 3 month warranty. All new scooters and powerchairs come with a 12 month warranty. In both instances, the warranty is offered on an RTB (return to base) basis, which means that the item must be brought to our workshop for repair.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (www.mobilityscootersuk.co.uk).
We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.